We are an outward facing non-denominational, growing, medium-sized, and diverse church located in Columbus, Ohio. We have grown 13% over the past 6 months, are making serious plans for campus expansion and development, and have big dreams for the future. Part of our vision for 2018 is to expand our staff.
We are looking to fill a full-time Family Pastor role. Our current Family Pastor will be moving to a new role on staff.
The Family Pastor is responsible for all aspects of ensuring the spiritual growth and development of children and teens, as well as equipping parents. This includes leadership over curriculum selection, volunteer recruitment and development, classroom management, parent involvement, and operational management necessary to ensure successful and constantly improving weekly programs and periodic special events (camps, conferences, trips, service projects, etc.).
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
This position requires a minimum of 3 years experience as a staff member in a church leadership capacity. Possession of at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Ministry, Biblical Studies or a related field is required. (Extensive ministry experience, in some cases, may be substituted.) The successful candidate will be a self-starter, not requiring a great deal of supervision, with a solid work ethic, a willingness to do what it takes to get the job done, and have the ability to administrate as a department head. Experience in a medium to large sized church is preferred, but not mandatory.
- Someone with a growing relationship with Jesus
- Someone with strong organizational skills
- Someone who is a strong communicator
- Someone who understands the balance of evangelism and discipleship
- Someone who understands the need to create great programming, but also equip parents to be the primary disciplers in the home
- Someone who could set the vision for birth-student ministries, but be more "hands on" in either Student, or Children's Ministry
- Someone who could lead key volunteers and other part-time staff in Family Ministry (Student Ministry Assistant and Children's Ministry Supply Coordinator)
Interested applicants should send their resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org